Age Grouping and Size:
Precious Little Owls Home Daycare provides childcare services for children up to 5 years old.
The total number of children I will welcome into the daycare at anytime will be 4 as per the Child Care and Early Years Act 2014 (Bill 10)
According to the Childcare and Early Years Act 2014 (Bill 10) a legally independent unlicensed home daycare operating under the guidelines and supervision of the Ministry of Education is allowed to have:
- a maximum of 5 children under the age of 13
- a providers children under the age of 6 count in their numbers
- care for a maximum of only 2 children under the age of 2 (24 months) including their own children
- If a provider’s own 4 or 5 year old child is attending publicly-funded Full Day Kindergarten or grade 1, they only need to count them during the summer vacation. The provider’s own child does not need to be included in their count during the school year (including March break, and PA days) as long as:
– care is only being provided between 6:00am and 7:00pm (Precious Little Owls Home Daycare hours are 7:15am to 5:15pm)
– the provider cares for a maximum of one child younger than 2 years old; and
– the provider has not been convicted of an offense under the DNA or CCEYA.