House Rules & Discipline Policy
- No shoes past the front entrance. This means children and parents.
- The Children will be taught by example here, to have respect for themselves & each other. They will also be taught to respect my home, property & possessions.
- Any negative behaviour will not be allowed. This includes but it not limited to:
- Standing or jumping on furniture
- Throwing anything in the house
- Bad language
I will always strive to offer praise for good behaviour. Should negative behaviour happen, I will deal with it in one of three ways:
- Redirection: Toddlers will simply be told “no”, & redirected to another activity or area
- Talking: Once a child reaches the age of two they can be talked to. They will be told in easy to understand terms why the behaviour should not be continue. Typically, this is highly effective.
- Timeout: Should the behaviour continue, the child will be placed in a time out chair. I use the one minute per age of the child rule (eg., a three year old gets 3 minutes).
Should behaviour continue after a few time outs, I will talk to the parent. A workable solution can almost always be found.
Precious Little Owls will repair or replace broken daycare equipment & toys due to normal wear and tear. However, should your child purposely damage or break equipment or toys, then the item will be repaired or replaced at the cost of the parents.